METAL-TO-METAL BONDING STRUCTURES
Aero Components has been supplying metal-to-metal bonded skin assemblies, fairings, and control surfaces for over 25 years. Aero Components holds USAF approval for bonding of B-52, E-3, and KC-135 bonded structures, as well as every major OEM metal bond approval, such as Boeing BAC5514, HP16-25 and HP16-30, Bell Helicopter BPS 4458, Lockheed Martin PS 0120 and STP60-005, and Northrop Grumman MA-108.
Facilities and Equipment List
- NADCAP accredited for chemical processing (bonding surface preparation), and composites manufacturing
- 25,000 sq.ft. dedicated to bonding and composites manufacturing
- 20’ Phosphoric Acid Anodize line
- 1,100 sq.ft. controlled contamination adhesive primer application room
- 2,400 sq.ft. controlled contamination layup room
- 16’ x 16’ adhesive primer application booth utilizing HVLP spray equipment
- 8’ x 16’ adhesive primer curing oven – 350 deg. F capability
- 4’ x 8’ Autoclave
- 8’ x 20’ Autoclave
HONEYCOMB SANDWICH BONDED STRUCTURES
Aero Components produces honeycomb sandwich structures for many major OEM platforms. Aero Components 25+ years of experience have developed an expertise in wing, fairing, fuselage and control surface structures such as leading edges, trailing edges, flaps, ailerons, flaperons, elevators, doors, and many more. Aero Components supplies major structural assemblies to every major U.S. OEM for both production and spares.